For those of us who grew up in or lived most
of lives in the Western world, we know
WordSmart. It involves all of the myriad
possibilities of language, both spoken and written. When we were in
school, developing skill in this intelligence are was one of the
Tips to awaken your own WordSmart:
• Read a story you enjoy and write your own
sequel--“What happens next?”
• Listen to someone expound on their ideas and have a discussion with
them about their thoughts.
• Learn the meaning of one interesting, new word each day and practice
using it during the day in conversation.
• Make a speech on a topic about which you have a great deal of interest
• Keep a journal or log in which you write your reflections about events
of the day.
Return to the Eight Kinds of
Enhance your WordSmart
Enhance all your Smarts